Permissions & Inquiries
If you are using an excerpt or selection from one of our books, ebooks or other products, you must secure written permission from us for each use. Permissions are handled on a case-by-case basis, with some clearances being handled by Fine Optics Press and others by CCC or RightsLink.
If you wish to photocopy material for educational or academic use in print or on digital media please contact:
Copyright Clearance Center
Academic Permissions Customer Service
222 Rosewood Drive
Danvers, MA 01923
Tel.: (978) 750- 8400
Fax: (978) 750- 4470
www.copyright.com or Email: email@example.com or use the button below:
Any other special requests (including those for the disabled and electronic reserve) for Fine Optics Press material must be submitted by mail to:
Fine Optics Press
5219 Perrier Street, New Orleans, LA 70115
Phone: (800) 721-7050, extension 2
We cannot accept requests by telephone, fax, or to personal e-mail boxes. Submit your request as early as possible. Turnaround for response is approximately 4-6 weeks. Do not submit duplicate requests.
We do not allow editing or re-titling of any selection. Your selection must be reproduced verbatim, as a continuous, uninterrupted excerpt, without alteration, deletion, editing, abridgement or condensation. You must maintain complete paragraphs and sections for prose. Please review your selection carefully before you submit your request, making sure that it meets these requirements. If space constraints are a concern, consider requesting permission for a shorter excerpt, making sure that it is unedited.
Your request must be complete. If your request is not complete, we will not be able to process it. Please provide all of the following information (as applicable):
Information about our book:
- Title and author of our book
- ISBN (the number on the back cover above the bar code)
- Page numbers or detailed description of the material from our book which you wish to use. For untitled excerpts you must provide the beginning and end phrases, as well as page numbers. For large amounts of prose in a scholarly work please provide approximate line counts and/or word counts.
- Photocopy of the material in context (i.e. pages from your manuscript showing material used)
Information about your project:
- Title and author of your book
- Publisher of your book
- Expected date of publication (month and/or season)
- Type or format (hardcover print, paperback print, periodical, audio, ebook, website, etc)
- Print run (initial and lifetime)
- Territory of distribution (e.g. US & Canada, world, etc)
- List price
- Page count
- Text or trade or scholarly
If you are requesting permission for multiple formats (e.g. paperback and e-book), please include all the above information about each format. If your project involves performance of any kind (e.g. film, television, play, broadcast, live reading, music, etc) please provide as much information as possible about the use.
- Full name
- Street address or PO Box
- City, State, zip code
- Email address
Please allow 6 weeks for a response.
You're welcome to contact us if you want to set up an author interview/appearance or have other questions about our products.
For other questions about Fine Optics Press or our title(s) or authors, contact:
Fine Optics Press
Attn: Inquiries and Booking
5219 Perrier Street
New Orleans, LA 70115
Phone: (800) 721-7050, extension 3
Or by email to: fineopticspress <at> gmail.com